27 Jul Facts About Gum Disease
The best way to protect your teeth is by brushing and flossing daily. If your gums are also not kept clean, an infection can set in leading to gum disease. To learn more about gum disease, consider the following:
– Gum disease can slowly cause your teeth to move out of position, and make them feel loose.
– Symptoms of gum disease include swollen or tender gums, frequent bleeding, especially when eating, brushing or flossing; and redness.
– Gum disease can lead to halitosis, also known as bad breath which may not be remedied by mouthwash.
– Dry mouth, which is a side effect of some medications can lead to gum disease.
– It can also be caused by unhealthy habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs.
– The disease can pull your gums away from your teeth and expose the roots. Your teeth will also appear longer than normal.
Dr. Audrey Kemp at Bull City Dental wants to help you make your smile shine. If you are experiencing the symptoms of gum disease, please contact our dentist office in Durham, North Carolina, at 919-680-3531. The best smiles begin as soon as you start caring for them.